So I completely forgot to post a check-in for my 2018 reading goals that I planned for June so here it is now.
1. Complete the PopSugar Reading Challange. Both main prompts and advanced prompts.
I’m still working on this one. I’ve done about half of the main prompts and one of the advanced prompts. I am also reading a few more this month.
2. Participate in Book-Tube-A-Thon and complete all reading challenges.
The Book-Tube-A-Thon is July 30-August 5 and I am so excited to participate for the second year.
3. Participate in Spookathon and complete all reading challenges.
This is in October and I can’t wait for this one.
4. Participate in a third Readathon sometime in 2018.
I did do this in March. I participated in the 24 hour Readathonbyzoe and had so much fun!
5. Read 5 classics that I haven’t read yet.
I haven’t read any yet but I have some on my TBR for the PopSugar reading challenge so I will be getting to them soon.
6. Read 3 books on my shelf that have been there for longer than 2 years.
I read The Time Traveler’s Wife and I have two more on my TBR to get through.
7. Work on my TBR, limit book buying and library books.
I have done pretty good with this. I’ve been reading books from my shelves and have tried to limit the books I buy. I also have not been to the library which has been hard.
8. Limit subscription boxes, only get Book Of The Month if I plan on reading the books within a couple of months.
The only book box I get is SpearCraft Book Box and only when I like the theme and the fandoms that the box includes. I have also only been getting books from Book Of The Month that I really want to read and have read everyone from this year including my July pick.
9. Book buying ban. Go on a no buy sometime in 2018.
I bought some books in June and I have decided that my ban will be from July until November. Black Friday sales will be the end of my ban! The only books I will be getting are my preorders and box boxes.
10. Finish the Shopaholic series.
I haven’t read any this year except Shopaholic On Honeymoon which is a 30 page e-book special that takes place after number three, Shopaholic Ties The Knot and before number four, Shopaholic And Sister. Hopefully soon.
11. Book unhaul and GIVEAWAY.
I am planning this for the end of the year. I have already unhauled some books and plan on doing the Unhaul challenge from BookTube.
So that’s my progress so far this year. Hopefully I will be able to complete them all by the end of 2018.
Do you have any reading goals?