I love Disney movies and the live action Beauty And The Beast movie is coming out this week. I saw this tag on YouTube and just had to do it, it was the perfect time to stumble upon it. The original tag was created by BooksAndJams on YouTube.
1. Belle~ She just wants more than this provincial life. Tell about a book that takes you to another place.
Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen. It literally takes you to another time and place!
2. Beast~ He can be a bit scary, but inside he’s a softie. Choose a book whose cover doesn’t meet the story.
Borrowed And Blue by Emily Giffin. I had a hard time with this question but in the end chose Something Borrowed and Something Blue. This is two books in one and the cover shows two women in a pool. I think it would have been better to either split the cover in half and do one side for each book or put aspects of both books into one cover. Although I haven’t read the books yet so maybe once I do it will make more sense.
3. Maurice~ Belle’s eccentric but loveable father. Choose a book that is out of your comfort zone or your normal reads, but you ended up loving.
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai. This is a political memoir and was such an amazing read. I have a full review up if anyone is interested.
4. Mrs. Potts~ Nurturing and motherly character. Choose a character who takes care of others like a mother might.
Cassie from The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. I chose Cassie because I loved the relationship she had with her little brother. She would do anything for him and was his primary caregiver after losing their parents.
5. Chip~ Adorable and makes us smile. Choose your favorite children’s book.
Matilda by Roald Dahl. By far the best book from my childhood. I love the movie just as much!
6. Gaston~ Smarmy and arrogant. Choose a character who’s over the top with his (her) arrogance.
Kimberlee from Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike. She was this rich and beautiful girl who thought the world revolved around her. She did what she wanted and didn’t care about how it affected other people.
7. Lumiere~ Smooth-talking, swoon-worthy Casanova. Choose a character with these characteristics.
Thorne from Cress by Marissa Meyer. I don’t think any other character in a book is more smooth-talking than Thorne 🙂
8. Cogsworth~ He was a bossy, no-nonsense leader of the household. Choose a character who takes charge and is the voice of reason for those around them.
Uncle Jeb from The Host by Stephanie Meyer. He takes charge when everyone wants Wanda killed and reasons with them. He believes that Melanie is still in there somewhere and wants everyone else to see it too.
That’s the Beauty And The Beast Book Tag. I tag everyone who wants to do it too!