So I decided a little last minute to participate in the 2017 BOOKTUBE-A-THON. It’s hosted by ArielBissett on Youtube and it goes from July 24th – July 30th. There are 7 reading challenges. There are also video and Twitter challenges so check out Ariel’s YouTube video if you want to know more.
1. Read a book with a person on the cover.
I chose the Frozen Junior Novelization. I loved the movie and picked the book up on a whim and figured this would be a good time to read it.
2. Read a hyped book. I picked Heartless by Marissa Meyer because it’s really the only hyped book on my shelf that I haven’t read yet.
3. Finish a book in one day. For this I chose The Grownup by Gillian Flynn. I’ve had this book for months and it’s so short but I just haven’t picked it up for some reason.
4. Read about a character that is very different from you. I decided to read Pocahontas: A Life In Two Worlds by Victoria Garrett Jones. I have been wanting to read this and the booktube-a-thon is the perfect time to do so.
5. Finish a book completely outside. I’m going with Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde The Graphic Novel by Stevenson, Kimowski and Schejbal. It’s the only graphic novel I own that I haven’t read yet and I think it would be a good quick read for outside.
6. Read a book you bought because of the cover. For this I chose Beauty And The Beast. This is the movie tie-in and I love the cover, which is the main reason that I bought it.
7. Read 7 books. I chose Survivors: Titanic 1912 by Kathleen Duey and Karen A. Bale. I’ve been wanting to read this but there just always seems to be other books I want to read more.
I chose a lot of smaller books just because I figured they would be easier to get through and because most of them are books that would probably stay on my TBR for a while otherwise.
I’m very excited to participate this year and to read these books. If you’re participating Good Luck!